Sunday 10 August 2014

Post Op: Day 66

Hello!
So, you may have noticed that my updates aren't as frequent, but that's because things have slowed down. There's not too much more to say at the moment. Pain isn't really there at all, neither is discomfort. Everything feels ok!

Two months on and we're nearly there with it all. Chewing is improving so I am nearly back to normal with the eating. The left side of my mouth is getting stronger so I can eat most things apart from hard toffees or anything too crispy. On the right side, my teeth aren't touching still, but they're slowly improving.

This week, I visited the orthadontist and it was good news. I don't have to go back for a month and hopefully when I do return they'll give me the go ahead for getting the braces off. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that these elastics do their magic over the next few weeks.


I'll keep you updated with the next bit of news I hear. Let me know if you have any questions - I'm happy to help.
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that braces-off is on the horizon for you! Looking great :-) It is all much slower now, me too. I'm hoping to get my braces off in three weeks but because my teeth are good now but don't want to get my hopes up! I thought braces stayed on for 6 months after so I'm reassured to hear you're not looking at being in braces that long either. I have a bit of an open bite on one pair of molars on one side - is your bite not touching on the whole side? Looking fab!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) Life has been so busy recently, but it's made me feel normal at last.
      It's getting better, sometimes they touch on one side, sometimes they touch on both! It's weird. I think my jaw must relax a bit more during the day. :s xxxx Thanks very much! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Abi! Any news of when you're getting your braces off? I just had mine off and there is nothing wrong that I can tell (apart from my teeth on one set right at the back on one side still don't touch and I guess never will!). I am so worried they were taken off too soon, but I guess I have to trust the docs. I assume they wouldn't *let* me have them off if it was too soon.....xx

    ReplyDelete